Naima's Published Titles

Thursday, June 23, 2011

What I'm Reading

I started reading the Author Platform white paper I downloaded from http://blog.taleist.com. That first section was about blogging. In addition to content, it contains links to such resources as an author community blogging platform and a guide to accessing blog analytics. Now I'm reading the section about Facebook. The paper is interesting and easy to follow. I'll probably use it as an ongoing reference as I expand my marketing reach.

I read a very disturbing article on Salon about how easy it is to pirate a book and how prevalent such a practice is, plus how little Amazon does to prevent or punish piracy. Also, they don't reimburse for the percentage they made off the pirated copies that sold. One commenter suggested that Amazon start charging $20 to publish an e-book; this would weed out any pirate seeking to make quick buck. I'd agree to that. http://mobile.salon.com/books/laura_miller/2011/06/21/spamazon/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment