Naima's Published Titles

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Am I a Hoarder?

Watched the 1st season of Hoarders via Netflix last night and got freaked out thinking of my own filth. The garage filled with random junk and building scraps! The dog shit in the back yard! The fallen leaves! The spoiled food in the back of the fridge! Where am I going to find the time to address all that? In between stretches of writing over weekends. Don't worry. Great writers don't worry about such. Do you think Kerouac cared about his lawn? Hawthorne never cared about it. He became mega-famous, then lived in utter splendor (and one assumes utter cleanliness and lack of clutter). I could be like that. I'm no Hawthorne, but I'm pretty good and I have options he didn't have in the 19th century. Namely, the Internet.

Also thought it would be cool to have a hoarder unexpectedly save the day at the climactic part of a horror novel. I dunno how. Build a trebuchet and hurl great loads of debris at the monster? Writer buddies, feel free to run with this idea. I bet AL Fetherlin would do something cool with this. She has a penchant for turning misfits into great Forces of Reckoning. http://alfetherlin.blogspot.com.

Decided not to give myself a hard time about hoarding books.

No comments:

Post a Comment